When a married couple or civil partners decide to obtain a dissolution, it often has far-reaching legal implications. At least one of the spouses/partners will need to obtain legal representation in the dissolution proceedings. Another issue concerns the rights and obligations that the spouses/partners need to observe during separation and after the dissolution, not only towards each other, but also towards their underage children or their adult children who are still in education. This mainly involves matters of maintenance, right of contact, parental care, and distribution of property.
Not every dissolution needs to be problematic. If the spouses or partners are in agreement, many consequences of the divorce, such as maintenance, right of contact, and distribution of property, can be settled in a legally binding manner prior to the divorce by drawing up a divorce agreement (Scheidungsfolgenvereinbarung).
We can also act as your adviser before your marriage. As a rule, German law still takes the “single-earner marriage with children” as a starting point. However, in many cases, this constellation no longer reflects reality. Therefore, it might be advisable for some aspects that are regulated by family law to be either excluded or laid down separately in a prenuptial agreement.
We provide advice and support in the following matters of family law in particular:
- Dissolution of marriage
- Statutory pension equalisation
- Right of contact
- Distribution of property
- Household contents
- Determination of paternity
- Prenuptial agreements
- Divorce agreements
- Violence prevention proceedings
- International family law
- Law relating to care and control
Becoming the focus of law enforcement authorities and criminal justice presents a huge challenge for most people. It is not uncommon that their economic livelihood, reputation and freedom are at stake. In such a situation, it is of highest importance for the person concerned to be represented by a specialised and experienced criminal lawyer.
It is advisable to be defended even during the prosecution’s or district attorney’s preliminary investigation and thus to prevent a trial from taking place. In many cases, investigation proceedings may be stopped with the support of a competent counsel for the defence to the satisfaction of the client and the law enforcement authority, before charges are being brought.
Our law firm Riemann will provides professional and effective legal representation in all fields of criminal law, both during the preliminary proceedings and after preferment of charges. We have successfully defended clients in the following areas of offences:
- False testimony (false testimony not under oath, perjury)
- Criminal assault
- Offences against Narcotics Law
- Libel (defamation, libel and slander)
- Child abduction
- Negligent homicide and negligent bodily harm
- False accusation
- Unlawful detention
- Money laundering
- Unlawful entry
- Receiving and disposing of stolen goods
- Concealment or delay of insolvency
- Uttering counterfeit money
- Bodily harm and dangerous bodily harm
- Misuse of bank cards and credit cards
- Unlawful coercion
- Damage to property
- Reckless driving
- Drunken driving
- Unlawful leaving of the scene of an accident
- Falsification of documents (forging documents, technical records and other)
- Breach of duty to pay maintenance
- Complete intoxication
- Law enforcement against innocent people
- Withholding and embezzling remuneration
- Feigning commission of a crime
- Accepting a bribe, granting of an undue benefit
- Obstructing an enforcement officer
General Civil Law, Real Estate Law, Foundation Law
Our law firm provides extra-judicial and, if necessary, judicial representation in selected areas of civil law, in particular real estate law, in all local, district and higher regional courts. We provide advice and help you establish your foundation, and to this end, we cooperate with renowned tax consultant and auditing firms.